Wednesday, April 04, 2007

It's about time no more

Last trip to Mayflower Secondary today. Time does fly by. Just when you feel that a rapport is built and when you are getting used to travelling to AMK every week, it all comes to an end - almost without a warning. But we (the team) should be glad that we managed to, at least, touch a few hearts, change a few mindsets and make a difference to a few lives. OK, Maybe I'm exaggerating. But I do feel we made an impact, to whatever little extent, at PDP - at least for those whom we had more chances to interact with.

But I feel we should have done better and thought through our activities more. We did good for a first attempt, but I just feel that this last session should have been better. We shouldn't have pushed the burden of the activities to Steven. We should have catered the salads more to the teenagers' taste. We should have made it more relevant to their lives. But should-haves are history... And we forgot to thank Steven for all the prep and work.

But this journey with the team has been nothing short of fantastic. It's one of the few projects where I have fun doing work. It's one of the few projects where you feel something is really done - something that connects, something that you can take with you, something that affects real people. real events, real spaces - not just a project with words put together and really doesn't mean anything at the end of the day. It will be a chapter of my NUS life. Thank you team... We'd better keep in touch after graduation as I try frantically to fit into the mould of this society. Hope I don't lose myself in the process.

After this experience and the YEP to Philippines, I just kinda feel that I am enjoying interactions with youths. Doing something that makes a change. Perhaps it could be something I wanna consider for a career? Hmm... High pay & sucky job OR low pay & something I really like... Let's just see what happens. Let me get through the month of April first. Staying positive for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home