Sunday, January 06, 2008

07' A year of transitions

It's 2008. Time to get a grip of my life... Feel that I'm starting to lose the plot.

2007 has been a year of transitions (for better or for worse):
Student TO Working "Adult"
Brother TO "Uncle" of my sister's newborn
Friend to my friends TO friend to my friends who are newly-weds
Skinny TO Skinnier Still

The Status Quo?:
Single, Singler, Singlest

Attended 2 weddings towards the end of '07 - Kartik's Big Fat Indian Wedding and Wenfu's Sweert Holy Matrimony. There goes two big fat ang-baos out of the window. Despite that cynical comment, my sincere and best wishes to the new couples.








Kartik and his bride

















Traditional ceremony held at Sri Mariamman Temple


Didn't bring my camera to Wenfu's wedding. But you can imagine one of those saccharine sweet weddings - flowers, photo collage, video, groom serenaing the bride, kisses, etc... Was a good chance to catch up with old classmates. We could also eat without reservations, unlike one of those awkward wedding dinners where everyone is a stranger at the table.

The biggest turning point - I became an UNCLE on Nov 30th 2007. My niece turned one-month old last weekend.

















My precious niece, Glynys, who was oblivious to the preparations that were going on around her.

She got the entire family excited about life again... Thank you for coming into our lives.

As for the last day of 2007, Thanks to those who were there with me. You know who you are.

OK. Feeling kinda tired. Till the next blog...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home