Friday, May 25, 2007

It's official

It's official. Results were released today. I will be graduating this July.

Results are good, except for my thesis for which I scored a B. I kinda expected it to score within the B range but a B+ would've been so much more encouraging. But I guess to the assessors, my thesis looked more like a long ISM than a full-bloom thesis.

Although my supervisor assured me that length didn't matter and that the quality of my work was aight, I knew it fell short of the dept's expectations and criteria. I could easily blame my supervisor. He was new to the dept (I was his first thesis student), he didn't know about the dept's thesis criteria, he didn't guide me on the crucial points in writing a good thesis, etc... But I know I have only myself to blame.

It was an independent research to begin with. I was the one who's supposed to do all the research and work. But I was lazy at times. I didn't even bother to check out the theses of previous batches for reference until the final crucial moments. My word count fell really short and the quality of my work could not make up for it.

It just sucks to know that you didn't do well for your thesis, especially when your work will be presented at an upcoming conference. Just kinda feel like my work did not gain recognition and validation from the dept. Leaves a sense of regret that more could've been done and I hate that feeling. It's kinda embarrassing for me now because I no longer feel that my work is worthy enough to be presented at a conference. But all is set in stone now.

Okaez, enough of whining and indulgence in self-pity. Time to move on with life and enjoy the rest of my super-long holidays. There are so many things to be done. To freedom and to slackness...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home