Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Random thoughts

Am just too lazy to post entries of my Vietnam escapade as promised. Maybe I will get on to it at a later time - when the urge to do it comes back to me. But I really had lots of fun in Vietnam - thanks to Den and Melicca for making it possible. (Haha... First world kids with third world dreams... )It's a pity that it's my one and only "grad" trip. Had so many destinations planned but no one to go with :(

Just read this article in the lastest issues of TIME ASIA - "Bill Gates Goes Back to School". Just love the way the writer, Lev Grossman, wrote the article. The way he weaved in and out of an engaging piece using humour, pun and wit, yet retaining intelligence and clarity at the same time. Wish I could write like that...

Memorable quote:
"It is the destiny of revolutionaries - the successful ones, anyway - to end their careers as part of the Establishment they once sought to overthrow."
Food for thought here...

TCO made it to ST on saturday as part of the citizen journalism special. The Good - Nationwide exposure, free publicity. The Bad - Didn't like the way the headline was phrased "Only serious issues for NUS online paper" and didn't like the way TCO was portrayed. Hope the second generation TCO team can bear in mind why TCO was started in the first place - its objectives, its mission, its ideals... If we turn the other way now, all that we wanted it to be and all that we worked for would be lost.

Will be reporting for work on Monday. Work will put an end to my post-grad "holidays". I wish I could have had a longer break but it hasn't been that meaningful anyway. Had so many things planned in my mind but didn't get to do them. There are so many places I want to travel to... I have to admit it can be daunting sometimes to know that you've graduated and you're now expected to "grow up". But I never want to grow up. And at the age of 25, it feels like the pressure is on. You no longer have school or education as an excuse.

Can't help but feel so alone sometimes... Have to admit that maybe I can't just live in isolation... Well, that's another blog entry for another time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home