Thursday, December 16, 2004

About Life.

There are so many ways that we can lead our lifes. There are so many paths to choose. But we are all so trained to take the path of those before us. This path is bright and wide. It is tried and tested. The path less taken is dark, narrow. But it is also mysterious, exciting, full of fantasy. I feel like I am standing at the crossroad. Where shall I go from here? Will I never get back to where I am? Shall I move on, or shall I wait? What am I waiting for? Who am I waiting for? So what if I never get back to where I am? But is it worth it? You travel as a pact at the beginning but soon you find your friends taking different paths. Will your paths ever meet again? Do you want your paths to meet or keep that past as a distant sweet memory?

Life is a trial. Life is never truly about meritocracy. It never will be. Fate, destiny, chance conspires. You are never truly the maker of your own destiny. In life, what you can do is to try your best. That assures you a certain success. Anything above that is really not within your control. Your place in life is half determined the moment you are born into this world, the moment you take your first breath. Some are born rich, some poor, some in the middle. Just look around you and observe. Order of life is testing for those who want to succeed. Some get it easy, some get it hard, some will never get it.

There is optimism yet. Someone once told me: Don't just reach for the sky. Reach for the stars. That way, even when you fall, you will fall among the clouds. The other half of life is in your(our) hands. We have to grasp hold of as much of destiny as we can. You never know until you try. Until you try!!

1 Comments:

At 12:50 PM , Blogger bearicia said...

The Road Not Taken

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

-Robert Frost-

No matter what you reach for,
No matter where your path leads you,
No matter how the situations might be,
It is what you choose that makes the difference. =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home