Wednesday, August 17, 2005

绝对SUPERSTAR Part 2

绝对SUPERSTAR, 有你就有他...

Finally, we are allowed to enter the premise proper and we made our way to the theatre. We reached this carpark place, and had to wait there again for the theatre to be ready. Finally, we were given the green light. Then we had to walk a few flights down into the basement area to reach the theatre. Mafan siah...

Xinhui supporters with banners outside theatre.
















We were lined up according to F1 and F2 supporters outside the theatre. Xinhui supporters were clearly the more enthu ones. They looked as though they were holding an election campaign. They started cheering outside the theatre. Our side did counter back when an enthu auntie from our side led the more enthu Kelly supporters into cheering. (I wasn't one of the enthu ones). I can't believe, for today, I was one of those xiao ginna (crazy kids) that my Ah Ma like to complain about when she sees them on TV. She can't understand why kids get so crazy. But I heard back in those days, she and many aunties were just as crazy over her fav teochew opera singer, Tan Chor Hwee. They used to give her GOLD (genuine stuff) as present. Talk abt crazy.

绝对SUPERSTAR stage
















When I got into the theatre, it was much smaller than expected. It was about the size of my secondary school's performing arts centre- Disappointing. We were seated according to who we supported. Kelly supporters on the right, Xinhui supporters on the left. The line was split in the middle. I got this lousy seat, right behing the main camera, but OK lah, still can see. This host came out. He said he was a 93.3fm deejay, Weixiong I think. He was like a crowd warmer and instructed the audience on conduct and seating plan. He kept repeating himself that he got quite irritating. He was kinda lame too, but he did a good job I guess. I dunno how long we had to wait, but I was falling asleep b4 they finally began filming. They started filming all the Wayang stuff. Telling us to look excited and clap/holding up our banners. We were given a giant Kelly banner to hold. Good, I can hide my face behind the banner... They filmed all that and were going to edit all this "excitement" into the program. Did a few round of that and finally the hosts were invited onto the stage. We were warned against taking pictures during filming. Therefore, being a good boi, I do not have any pics of the performances. Anyway the stage was too far away for my N7610.

ZM and Mingster with giant Kelly banner!






















*Pics taken off Channel U website
F1






Kelly VS Xinhui












F2




















It was the Tiger Cup of chinese pop music. Kelly (sg) vs Xinhui (mas). They were asked to sing 3 songs... blah blah blah. All that you will see on TV on Thursday night, 18/08/05, 8.30pm on Channel U. It was childish but fun. We blended in with the teens and acted like one. Xinhui fans are really enthu. They even brought pompons and their spirits were high. I feel that the contestants sound better live, than on TV. You can really hear their Power! The judges comments were damn long lah, nearly fall asleep. Fang Zhong Hua is really lame lah, like he always is with all his weird analogies. Today, he came up with a Soon Kuey analogy. Quite funny and embarrassing to see myself caught on screen, with all the eye bags. Hope nobody notices me on TV, esp my Ah Ma. (Low chance,- she don't watch Superstar). I thought Mediacorp might have paid extras to act as fans but I'm surprised that most of them are really fans from the public (路人s). The past contestants were invited to watch the show.Seeing them in real life- All of them much shorter than I thought. Whenever the chance arise, fans went mad, screaming the names of their fav idols. Derrick is clearly the fav among young girls. The girls were crazy over him. Really siao! Most shiok part is I got to know the results b4 anyone else.

*Spoiler: Kelly scored lower points than Xinhui for all 3 songs. Damn. But Xinhui was good lah!

Mingster damn sad bec his fav is Kelly. ZM was like "Die Liao, Must call many 电话 liao." But I just got this feeling that all the phonecall rubbish is just a hoax. Just a marketing strategy and profitable biz.

The filming finally comes to a close. Contestants and judges went up the stage to congratulate the 2 female contestants.


Kelly and Xinhui getting hugged...
















The 93.3fm deejay host guy came out again and told us that there is a possibility of us staying to watch the male contestants compete. ZM and Mingster didn't want to stay as it was late and they were supposedly sad that Kelly输了 and lost interest. I didn't mind staying back to watch. ZM's friends decided to stay to watch. As I was hitching a ride from Zm and I didn't know his friends well, I left with him. Yah lah, it was kinda late liao. It was approaching 10pm when we left. By the time the male contestants finished competing, it would be past midnight liao.

We headed to Thomson for prata. I tried the Bomb prata. Quite nice- Honey and Margarine in prata. But quite sweet. So just order one is enough. Order other type of prata if still not full. WL on diet bec Mingster said she was getting fat. haha... Finish Makan liao, we made our way home. I became a teen again (and a 追星族) for a day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home