Sunday, July 11, 2004

The Suffering Children!

Just finisehd watching the NKF charity show. Over the past few years, I have become increasingly irritated by NKF hardsell marketing. The use of expensive prizes to attract people to donate which sort of cheapens the real idea of charity. And the increasing amount of minimum donation for each call, from $2 to $5. But today's show really got me. I guess its because of the chidren. The show really managed to pull at my heartstings. They are just kids but they have to go through so much. I guess I am more sympathetic towards children than older folks becuse at least the grown ups might have had a chance at a pleasent childhood. But for the children, it is a torture since the day they were born. A 24/7 torture for them and their family. It is just not the way any single human being should be made to suffer at such a tender age. For the adults, it could be a lack of care for their personal health that led to their illness. But for most of these children, they could have done nothing to prevent it, they were born with it. Imagine a 13 year old stuck in the body of a one year old. You grow but your body doesn't. Imagine the pain of the parents after giving birth to a sick child. Imagine the self-blame, pressure and life adjustment they had to go through.

These charity shows always make me realise how little I can complain about life. But NKF better start to show more transparency in the usage of the funds donated. Where do they go and how much is actually left and how much they actually use for their elaborate advertising campaign. I hope the suffering children and parents who appear in the show are not exploitated by NKF. They better be getting every single cent that is donated. I wish all of those suffering, STRENGTH & COURAGE!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home