Sunday, November 20, 2005

Guang Hui Seafood- like fuck

I feel so fucking pissed now, I just have to get this out of my system, b4 I explode.

I just came back from dinner with my parents. We went to makan at a hawker centre at Red Hill, the one just behind Red Hill MRT. We ordered food from this stall called Guang Hui Seafood. Remember- Guang Hui Seafood- Don't eat there! Pass the word around. Fucking bad service.

We ordered stir-fried beef with ginger, fish head with diced-beans and a plate of kailan. 3 simple dishes. We sat down and waited. And waited. And waited for freaking 30 over minutes, still the food didn't come. It wasn't like there was a long queue at the stall. My father went over to ask them what had happened. They said it was on the way. My guess is that they had forgotten our order. Never mind, being the nice and understanding people we are, we continued waiting. Not long later, the bitch from the stall came over and told us they ran out of beef. The bitch: “Sorry hoh, 没有牛肉了。 鹿肉可以吗?还是你要排骨王? ” Now, you tell us.... She suggested changing to deer meat instead. Again, being nice, we agreed.

Again we sat there, and waited, and waited and waited. My face turned black like Bao Gong from all that waiting. After another 15 minutes, finally the first dish came, the freaking small plate of stir-fried venison and 3 plates of rice. Then came the fish head. After another 5 minutes, the bitch appeared with a plate of vegetables. It wasn't kailan, it was spinach. She said they had run out of kailan. The bitch: "Sorry hoh, 没有KAILAN 了, 菠菜可以吗? ” She didn't even ask if we wanted spinach. She just assumed and cooked spinach for us, expecting us to pay for something we didn't order. My dad, being the nice person, accepted the vegetables and just told her if he knew he would have cancelled all orders. We ate the food in 10 minutes and left the hawker centre. She did say she was sorry, but it was obvious she didn't mean it. Her apology was just customary.

We should have cancelled the orders after 30 minutes of waiting. My dad shouldn't have accepted the fucking spinach. We didn't order that and they fucking assumed we didn't mind the change after making us wait for 40 over minutes in total. Being nice and kind just doesn't pay. You always become push-overs. I would see myself as a nice person who tries to put myself in other people's shoes and always try to make everyone happy. But fuck! People are always doing things, forcing me not to be nice, convincing me that it just doesn't pay to be nice. What's wrong with this world? We don't appreciate people who are nice, but simply bully them for that. Why must people and circumstances always convince me that being nice is being cruel to myself? I should just become a self-centred fuck who just think for myself. Play around with people, manipulate them and make use of them for my own benefit. That's the way to go.

I hate it when I get the feeling that people take advantage of me or make use of me. I hate it even more when I get the feeling that the same is done to my family. Why must we always be the ones to be taken advantage of? All my experience of being nice over the years made me come up with one conclusion- It just doesn't pay to be nice. People don't appreciate it. 男人不坏, 女人不爱。 No one bothers about the good and wholesome weirdo. I do think that I'm no longer as nice or as easily pushed around, compared to a few years ago. But I guess that isn't enough. Great, people on MSN are using pics of their girlfriends. Great, show off your girlfriends to the world. Dig it in. Deeper... Feels good. Cut me some slack.

Remember: Guang Hui Seafood, at the hawker centre behind Red Hill MRT. Do not eat there. The food isn't great and the service is like fuck. Actually the service is fuck. Pass the word around.

Feel much better now. Time to work.

1 Comments:

At 12:00 PM , Blogger andi said...

Had the same experience somewhere before too. After waiting half an hour, we realized that they forgotten our order.

We just act blur and ordered from the stall beside.

Then when the original stall finally remembered our order. We simply told them that since they don't want our bussiness, we have no choice but to order from the next stall!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home